Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Sweet! The top 10 candy desinations in the US
Still, candy doesn't have to be confined to Halloween; If you're looking for a place to satisfy your sweet tooth, here's a list of the Sweetest cities in the US, according to the National Confectioners Association:
- Hershey, PA. Well, duh. I think the name says it all. Head to the Hershey plant on Halloween and you'll be treated to lots of free samples.
- New York, NY. With attractions like M&M's World and a 16-story Hershey's store in Time Square, it's easy to see why New York is known for more than just apples.
- Orlando, FL. Disney world is a sweet-lovers haven, with sweet shops and a replica of Ghirardelli Square.
- San Francisco, CA. If Ghirardelli Square and the Scharffen Berger chocolate factory aren't enough, San Francisco also boasts the world's largest Pez dispenser.
- Chicago, Il. With a stadium named after gum, you know sweets are big here.
- Los Angeles, CA. Like Orlando, Disneyland is the place to be in LA for sweets.
- Boston, MA. Boston was crowned the Trick-or-Treat Capital in 2006 for its abundance of sweet stuff.
- New Orleans, LA. Classic sweet shops like Laura's Candy Shop and Aunt Sally's Praline Shop make this city a hit with sweet tooths (or is it sweet teeth ... ?)
- Las Vegas, NV. This Halloween, Vegas trick-or-treaters will be treated to chocolate poker chips. Umm ... not a good idea for chocoholics ...
- Kansas City, MO. When in Kansas City, be sure to enjoy a tour of the Russel Stover headquarters.