Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Is The Local Team Wearing Red?
Here's my top five suggestions for on the road sports experiences.
- Watching Boca Juniors in the cauldron of Buenos Aire's La Bombonera soccer stadium
- Chowing down on hot dogs at a Yankees vs Red Sox game in the Bronx (and sorry New Yorkers, but the standard of food available was the worst I've seen at any sports event in the world)
- Discovering the joys of Australian Rules Football at Melbourne's cavernous Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- Feeling every punch and sharp elbow watching Muay Thai (kick boxing) at Lumphini Stadium in Bangkok (with just maybe the best food)
- A day at the races (above) in the Sri Lankan hill town of Nuwara Eliya. I never did work out how you could place a bet on the horses, but the chill-laced snacks went great with a local Lion beer.
Click here for my article on the sleepy Sri Lankan town that's surrounded by tea plantations.
Where else have readers sat in the bleachers drinking beer and cheering on the local team?
Thanks to PhantomMenace on Flickr for the pic.