Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Extreme Geography in the United States
All 50 states:
- Northernmost: Point Barrow, Alaska -- A jumping point for many Arctic expeditions.
- Southernmost: Ka Lae, Hawaii -- One of Hawaii's most popular fishing spots.
- Easternmost: West Quoddy Head, Maine -- Home to the famous West Quoddy Head Lighthouse (pictured).
- Westernmost: Adak, Alaska -- Only 316 people call Adak home.
- Center: approximately (20 mi) north of Belle Fourche, South Dakota.
- Northernmost: Northwest Angle, Minnesota -- Known simply as "The Angle" to tourists.
- Southernmost: Key West, Florida -- Did you know that David Robinson (of NBA fame) was born there?
- Easternmost: West Quoddy Head, Maine -- The only spot to be extreme twice.
- Westernmost: Ozette, Washington -- Sorry, Ozette, but I've got nothing to say about you.
- Center: approximately 6 km (4 mi) west of Lebanon, Kansas.