Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Blogger Martha Edwards
1.Where was this photo taken? On the streets of Bangkok. I'm weighing up my breakfast options after a visit to the fruit market. That's Mangosteen and Rambutan in my hand.
2. Where do you live now? Amidst the foothills of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, in Calgary, AB
3. When I'm not writing for Gadling, I'm... writing on healthy living and health sciences, taking about a gazillion pictures, reading, wandering the city or wasting time in a pub with my friends.
4. Most recent trip: I'm a wedding photographer so I just got back from a day trip to Lake Louise, near Banff. The last big trip I went on was to Australia and New Zealand -I just got back in March of this year.
5. Celebrity you'd most like to sit next to in first class: Hello Johnny Depp!
6. Scariest airline flown: Erm, my father was a pilot so does Air Dad count? Just kidding-I never felt safer than when he was in the cockpit. Laos Airlines had me a bit worried mainly because the whole country seems pretty disorganized, but the flight was actually pretty smooth. I guess I'm pretty lucky – having grown up around small planes and pilots, I'm a very comfortable flyer.
7. Traveler's resume -- where have you been? I spent my childhood exploring North America- especially Canada. I've been to Europe 3 times and Mexico 4 times. I spent a few months backpacking around Southeast Asia after university, and I recently took a bunch of time off to explore Australia and New Zealand. I've traveled more than most of my friends, yet I feel like I've only scratched the surface of all the places I want to go. I guess that makes me a lifer.
8.The most unusual food I've ever eaten is...snake. While in Ho Cho Minh City, we went to a restaurant where they brought a snake to the table, killed it in front of you and then squeezed the blood out like it was a wet towel. Then they served you a variety of snake dishes (it does not taste like chicken.) Then you're expected to drink the blood for good health. I can thank my friend Jenny for that experience.
9. Favorite means of transportation: I love flying. But as for my least favourite method of transport? Let's just say that spending 14 hours floating on the Mekong River through on a boat that was to crowded that I literally had to hang off the edge was not all that awesome. The bathroom was an added bonus-it consisted of a hole in the boat in an area where the roof was only 4 feet from the floor, and there was a rooster inside. So, so random.
10. How did you get started traveling? While most kids grew up on fairy tales, I grew up on stories on African Safaris, of high tea in London, of the beauty of the open sky from the front seat of an Airplane. So I guess you could say it's always been in me.
Filed under: About The Bloggers