Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
The World's Best Clothing-Optional Resorts
Sometimes, the best vacations are those in which the traveler can let his or her down, unwind, and put it all away -- literally. If you're looking for a place to let it all hang out, then you might want to check out our list of some of the world's best clothing-optional resorts. In addition to being quite liberating, bear in mind (ha ha), that packing for these detinations should be very, very easy.
In case you're wondering, "clothing-optional" doesn't really mean you're still supposed to prance around in your your tighty-whities -- even if you DO look like these guys.
(Warning: Some of the websites listed are NSFW.)
- Catering specifically to couples, Palm Springs' Terra Cotta Inn is a beautiful, historic mid-century modern property. Originally built for celebrities, the complex boasts 17 large rooms, a poolside breakfast, and high walls -- to deter Peeping Toms.
- Pleasure Grove Resort is an adults-only resort in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains of Northeast Georgia, 1½ hours north of Atlanta. A full-service, four-season resort, "The Grove" is the perfect destination for couples to "get away from reality, indulge their senses, and realize their wildest fantasies." Unless, of course, those fantasies include wearing lots and lots of clothes.
- Jamaica's Hedonism II hosts annual couples' conventions that feature various events, including erotic costume contests that tend to the extreme. Is that a banana costume, or are you just happy to see me?
- Hidden Beach Resort Au Naturel Club was created for "uninhibited vacationing." The only only all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean, Hidden Beach boasts 42 beach-front suites in Tulum, Quintana Roo.
- Located 90 minutes from LA, The Sea Mountain Spa was ranked the Top Celebrity Spa in the US by MSN (2003-2006), and awarded Best Private Retreat in the USA 4 years in a row. AOL declared it one of the top 5 places to be naked in the USA.
- From August to April, Cairns' The White Cockatoo operates as a nudist resort with a limited number of non-nude chalets available in a separate area. The Cockatoo (tee hee) promise that naturalists and non-naturalists will not accidentally bump into each other. After all, who wants to run into a clothed person?!
- If you are looking for luxury and sophistication, Portugal's Quinta de Horta...may not be for you. However, if you're looking for casual arts and crafts, an organic farm, and horseback riding -- all in the buff -- then you're in luck.
- Located on the Florida-Georgia line,along the banks of the St. Mary's River, the Hidden River Resort promotes "respect for our environment, ourselves and others while experiencing family and social nudism." At the 88-acre retreat, guests can go hiking, lounge by a cypress pond, or enjoy campfires with marshmallows. Watch out for flying embers!. Pets are welcome -- but they must also romp in the nude.
- Club Orient is a naturist resort situated on the mile-and-a-half-long Orient Beach on St Martin.
- Eden Bay Resort & Spa, in the Dominican Republic, is adjacent to the world-class Robert Trent Jones golf course. Careful with your club!
If you go, send pictures!
Filed under: Hotels and Accommodations