Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite
- Pull back the bedsheets and look for reddish-brown, oval, wingless bugs that are about 4 to 5mm long. (Reference image from Wikipedia)
- Check the mattress in addition to the bedsheets. The mattress seams and mattress tag are common places for bed bugs to hide.
- Examine the headboard and floor behind the bed. Look for small black stains that could be bed bug excrement.
- Peek in the drawers of bedside tables. Bed bugs infest all types of furniture, so some may be hiding in there.
- Keep your luggage off the floor with a luggage stand if possible. This helps prevent bed bugs from hitching a free ride back home with you.
I also recommend this bed bug study from University of Kentucky Entomologist Michael F. Potter. It has great, gross-out pictures of bed bugs and bed bug excrement for reference!