Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Top 5 Human Gatherings Around the World
- 70 million: Allahabad, India - The number one spot (along with 2, 3, and 4) go to none other than India. The most recent Hindu festival of Ardh Kumbh Mela in Allahabad (pictured) saw an estimated 70 million people gather in one spot in January 2007.
- 70 million: Allahabad, India - Hindu festival Ardh Kumbh Mela strikes again! This time in 2001, another 70 million showed up to kick off this famous pilgrimage.
- 30 million: Ujjain, India - OK, this is getting ridiculous: same festival -- Ardh Kumbh Mela -- but in a different town this time. In April of 2004, some 30 million people attended what is, without a doubt, the most popular festival in the world. Give someone else a chance, India!
- 15 million: Tamil Nadu, India - In 1969, the former Chief Miniester of Indian state Tamil Nadu, C.N. Annadurai, died and 15 million people attended his funeral. Dying sucks, but you might as well go out with a bang!
- 11 million: Beijing, China - Finally, we're out of India! In 1966, about 11 million Red Guards joined together in Tiananmen Square, making it the 5th largest gathering of humans in the world.
This list was put together with the help of Wikipedia. Thanks, Wiki!