Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
When I Travel to _______, People Say this_______.
Not that I'm the kind of person to pay too much attention to public opinion I do find what people have to say about the places I go or think about going rather hilarious. It's almost like a nice round of MadLibs. If I were to describe what some of the responses have been like and who they came from this is how it would probably read:
When I travel to Tajikistan, people say 'where?' (75% of reactions) Well I haven't gone yet, but I've got 25 days left till departure.
- But, why, why, why, would you want to go there? - Family member desperately trying to understand my NEED to travel there.
- Oh, so you're going to the 'Stans?' - Random person who couldn't point out the so-called 'Stans' on a map to save their life.
- You're going by Afghanistan? Are you crazy? - Overly concerned friends.
- I'm pretty envious of you. Dushanbe is one of the best places in Central Asia. Stay at Malohat's. - Friend of a friend who knows and who has been. (I liked this guy.)
- Adrienne, you're crazy? - Multiple people speaking in regards to travel and non-travel related issues.
- Isn't it dangerous there? - Americans who don't realize how dangerous it is here. (Isn't there a Serial Killer on the run in Arizona now?)
- My brother just got back from there on business. - Woman who was trying to hire me for a job I had to pass up.
- I'm so glad you're doing this for Habitat for Humanity. That's really cool. - Andy, my amazing travel agent and pal who does the booking!
- No one goes there. You're the only one. - An employee at a bookstore that didn't carry any Central Asia travel guides.
Happy travel planning!