Click on a label to read posts from that part of the world.
Africa Travel: Algeria
Algeria, as attractive as the name rings in the ears is still plagued with conflict and crime from years of wars, but don't rule the country out for sightseeing yet. The country is located in Northern Africa, bordering the Mediterranean Sea, and situated between Morocco and Tunisia. Staying away from the northwest and southeast should keep any potential visitor from harm's way, still it is highly advisable to seek out a travel agent before departing out on your own. Something about the country's landscape defined by beautiful mountains, green coasts, and Saharan desert oasis and remaining Berber culture has always sparked my own curiosity, but finding good travel info on the web can be tough. While I didn't find one great source of travel information I did find a few links to help you plan if you've ever consider travel to Algeria.
- Algeria dot com is a good source of culture and historical info. While it's not detailed they do offer some general notes on hotels and flights into the capital city of Algiers.
- Algeria Daily is an online newspaper which should be used in organizing safe travels. Surely one of the best ways to keep track of any current strife in the country.
- Maciej Monka wrote a piece highlighting all the major sites to see for Odyssei.
- For a list of World Heritage sites which include the ancient Punic trading post of Tipasa and the Kasbah of Algiers, click here.
- Online Algerian recipes and facts about popular dishes in the country by Farid Zadi can be found in this blog.
- Lonely Planet has an online guide with three excellent photos of the country's landscape like the one above.